From Yale to Jail

A thirty something Ivy Leaguer keeps the public aware of her opinions on things topical and struggles with multiple demons: alcohol, the law and remaining effortlessly hip in a changing world.

Monday, May 16, 2005

David Sedaris sucks...

I have read these books since April 6.

Autobiography of a Fat Bride, Notaro, Laurie
Blow Fly, Cornwell, Patricia
Cheaters, Dickey, Eric Jerome
Children Playing Before A Statue Of Hercules, Sedaris, David
Dark Horse, Hoag, Tami
Depraved, Glatt, John
Elizabeth and Leicester, Jenkins, Elizabeth
Fashionistas, Messina, Lynn
Heart Full Of Lies, Rule, Ann
Holidays on Ice, Sedaris, David
Me Talk Pretty One Day, Sedaris, David
Milk in My Coffee, Dickey, Eric Jerome
Mim Warner's Lost Her Cool, Messina, Lynn
Royal Babylon, Shaw, Karl
Running With Scissors, Burroughs, Augusten
She's Come Undone, Lamb, Wally
The Clothes They Stood Up in and the Lady in the Van, Bennett, Alan
The Royal House of Monaco, Glatt, John

9 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger StephTexas1976 said…

    Numero uno is my book. I loved it so much that I bought copies for all of my friends.

    I liked Blow Fly too, which is unusual because I'm not a Cornwell fan.

    The rest I have't read - I must get to it!!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger bikipatra said…

    Cornwell lacks a flow (and editing) that others in her genre, or out of it, have. Someone like Tami Hoag doesn't have a storyline that is as technical and expertly informed, but writes a saucier page turner.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Bastya and Vincent said…

    Wow, you read a lot. I could never eat that many so quickly!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger bikipatra said…

    You could nibble here and there to leave your mark! I have faith in your little abilities!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger PusBoy said…

    Get yourself a copy of David Sedaris' "Barrel Fever" on tape or CD. He and Amy Sedaris are hi-freakin-larious reading the stories, which if read in the voice in my head, probably wouldn't have been as funny.

    I especially liked "You Can't Kill the Rooster."

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Aaron X said…

    I read David Sedaris in college, I must not have been that impressed, because I don't remember it. I must say I'm not impressed with your reading list, but I'm a guy.

    One of my standard recommendations is Sula by Tony Morrison, it's just a little novella, but very big in scope.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger bikipatra said…

    I wasn't trying to be impressive.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    God you are a simpleton...Sedaris is a poor excuse for Augusten Burroughs

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Trumpstinyhands said…

    God you are a simpleton...Sedaris is a poor excuse for Augusten Burroughs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home