From Yale to Jail

A thirty something Ivy Leaguer keeps the public aware of her opinions on things topical and struggles with multiple demons: alcohol, the law and remaining effortlessly hip in a changing world.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

This blog is NOT about David Dellinger

Apparently in the 1990's he wrote a memoir with the title "From Yale to Jail: The Life Story of a Moral Dissenter." He is dead anyway. Died last year. I haven't been to jail in a while. I live in Washington DC and have never been a guest at one of their detention facilities. I do have a friendly relationship with local law enforcement though due to my husband's propensity for calling them when I get drunk and hit him over the head with jewelry boxes. It goes something like this...He calls. I calm down. They show up and ask me if I have taken my medication today and if I am not slurring too badly they commend me for only drinking a 12 pack of Coors Light instead of a case. Then I promise to behave and hubby takes the dog for a walk. This hasn't happened in months though. I have cut back on the drinking. In a month, I have only been drunk two times. Unfortunately, I am not doing my "controlled" drinking and
just downing a case. I somehow in the past few months became a vodka drinker again. In my florid minds eye, I am the plumper friend you never saw on 'Sex and the City". Strictly cosmos and flirtinis! However, according to the cruel queens in gay bars of Capitol Hill, I am not even a Desperate Housewife. Twice I was told my drinking companions felt they were in an episode of Roseanne. I hope they meant the episodes after her plastic surgery. Ah, vanity!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Matmat said…

    I love this BLOG....great colors and opening statement!!!! Please be sure to make several Star Jones camel toe comments throughout the month. heehee

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Sascha said…

    funny. glad you found my blog. will try to come and visit as often as permissible.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Gaily Gail said…

    You sound pretty fabulous...love your blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home