From Yale to Jail

A thirty something Ivy Leaguer keeps the public aware of her opinions on things topical and struggles with multiple demons: alcohol, the law and remaining effortlessly hip in a changing world.

Friday, February 25, 2005

My KGB Baby!

Am I the only one who thinks Vladimir Putin is sexy? He sizzles in a spy who loved me kind of way. Most little boys want to be firemen or doctors, but little Vladdie wanted to be a spy! And years before “perestroika” his dreams came true when he was recruited by the KGB. After the Russians decided they wanted to be like us, the KGB had to be even more on the "down low" and Vladdie went on to a university job before becoming involved in government posts. I read his book First Person sitting outside a cafe on Capitol Hill. I imagined Putin paying a state visit, and stopping in for a caramel macchiato two blocks from the Capitol. Our eyes meet, and later I am slipped a note...oh never mind...this was before I was married and on medication. I will just say that my fantasies about him were very dignified. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger swirlogirl said…

    if my name was vlad for short, i'd only want to be an impaler when i grew up.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sascha said…

    i remember watching an 80s movie entitled spies like us.

    they all probably thought that we were all that way, and vlad had to check if the intelligence was indeed correct....

    hope that shared coffee with him wasn't laced with any truth serum!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Heath said…

    I don't think he's all that...but then again I'm not into dudes...especially ones that control entire countries. :o)~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home