From Yale to Jail

A thirty something Ivy Leaguer keeps the public aware of her opinions on things topical and struggles with multiple demons: alcohol, the law and remaining effortlessly hip in a changing world.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I am 32 Flavors and Then Some...

"You might say we're a nation of picky eaters. Americans eat the same 14 to 18 dishes over and over, says Cary Neff, famed spa chef, author of "Conscious Cuisine" (Sourcebooks, 2004), and consultant to Jenny Craig. Typically, we eat the same breakfast, vary our lunches slightly and for dinner have about eight to 10 different meals every month."

My gut on this is that I have a more varied diet than 14 or 18 dishes...let's see! My list:

  1. Yogurt
  2. Cereal
  3. Pizza
  4. Pretzels
  5. Smoothies
  6. Salad
  7. Zucchini
  8. Hamburger Patties
  9. Luncheon meat sandwiches
  10. Spaghetti
  11. Lasagna
  12. Nachos
  13. Cottage cheese
  14. Quesadillas
  15. Ice Cream
  16. Green Beans
  17. Spaghetti Squash
  18. Asparagus
  19. Soup
  20. Cauliflower
  21. Carrots
  22. Canned fruit
  23. Apples
  24. Tangerines
  25. Macaroni and Cheese

Whew, I know there must be more, but I have to admit around 18 it did get hard to list any new foods! I would love to see your items!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger senorlechero said…

    I love a challenge.........even though I know this one will be difficult.........
    1) Pizza
    2) Tacos
    3) Chow Mein
    4) Wheat thins and cheese
    5) potato chips
    6) juevos rancheros
    7) captain crunch
    8) mothers taffy cookies and milk
    9) spagetti
    10)meat loaf
    11)stir fry veggies and chicken
    12)hazelnut sticky buns from
    Starbucks
    ....................

    I'm so bad

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger bikipatra said…

    good job!! I forgot jello on my list! I agree with the buns from Starbucks. Their pastries over the past year to 18 months have improved in a dramatic way! I love their chocolate caramel espresso bars. I had to stop going to Starbucks because of them!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Texas Biscuit said…

    I have to go to Starbucks tonight. Have a huge paper due tomorrow, and have been daydreaming about a nice hot latte. Now I'll be daydreaming about the sticky buns as well. Thanks a lot! ;)

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger FistingChamp said…

    1 pizza
    2 mac and cheese
    3 cereal
    4 cheese sandwich
    5 turkey sandwich
    6 chicken sandwich
    7 hamsandwich
    8 tuna sandwich
    9 grilled cheese sandwich
    10 subway sandwich
    11 microwave lasagna
    12 mexican cassarole
    13 spaghetti
    14 taco bell - burritos, tacos, and such
    15 Mc Donalds
    16 aloo gobi
    17 mushroom matar
    18 chicken tikka masala
    19 chicken makhanwala
    20 saag and paneer
    21 burritos
    22 quesadillas
    23 taco
    24 nachos
    25 steak
    26 ravioli
    27 campbells soup
    28 ben and jerry's
    29 fruitloops
    30 chow mein
    31 sweet and sour chicken
    32 panda express orange nuclear chicken
    33 baked potato
    34 salad
    35 clam chowder
    36 chicken terriaki
    37 dim sum
    38 asshole

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Ollylain said…

    I've always wanted to try out spaghetti squash but never knew how to cook it.

    My list overlaps with yours a bit with the exception of chicken fried rice. But I'm trying to diversify my diet according the the new food pyramid that will be released soon. I think it required 7 half cup servings of fruits and veggies a day as opposed to the original 5. And more whole grains.

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Heath said…

    Broccoli! You forgot Broccoli!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home