From Yale to Jail

A thirty something Ivy Leaguer keeps the public aware of her opinions on things topical and struggles with multiple demons: alcohol, the law and remaining effortlessly hip in a changing world.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Deus Ex Machina



Posted by Hello

There he is...The Purple One. I started French classes tonight so someone had to be in charge. I studied French for eight years but that was thirteen years ago. Back to the Barnster. He is wearing his wrap with faux fur trim I got him at Baby Gap. I have a very similar coat I wore when we took him to the Ritz Carlton for Thanksgiving Brunch. It is so touching when mother and son match. I have loved Barney since 1993 when I was in Alexandria, VA. I was living in a very expensive but stuck in the 70's effenciency I found once I lost my journalism internship with free housing. My psychiatrist introduced me to Zanax, so I popped pills all day, nodded, ate cream of asparagus out of the can and watched Barney three or four times a day. At night, I cought a cab into DC and lounged at hotel bars. I longed for a Barney to call my own. When I returned to my hometown of Dallas my father bought me one. I had to promise to get a job, but as soon as I swore I would, the next day we hopped in the car and went to the toy store! Vive le Barney!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Heath said…

    I really like purple. If I were to pick a color, it would be green...you know, because it matches with orange...but if I couldn't be green, I'd be purple.

    Crayola Jumbo baby.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Trevor said…

    wow, thats pink

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Multimedia Maven said…

    Good for you re French lessons! The last time I used my French was circa 1997. I'm pretty confident reading it, but my verbal skills are tres rusty. I need to practice my food vocab before I leave for France so they don't sneak any liver or other innards onto my plate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home